Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Beginning...


The holidays are supposed to be about family, friends, spending time together and taking the time to remember the reason for the season.  But often it seems to be more about being busy, exhausted from the running around and just so ready for the season to be over so life can slow down a little. I could be the only one that feels that way about the holidays, but somehow I don’t think so.
Our family has gone though a lot over the last year and it has left me reflecting on what’s important to me as a person, a wife, and a mother. So I decided before thanksgiving even got here that I was going to enjoy this holiday season. I wasn’t going to worry about how much I did or didn’t do. I wasn’t going to stress about what the children were going to get for Christmas. I was going to enjoy myself. I was going to reflect on the reason for the season. It was time I didn’t focused on the unfortunate things that happened this year but on how God carried us though those trials and how we grew because of them.
I didn’t spend lots of time baking and cooking. I purchased our holiday meals precooked from the grocery store. Our kids didn’t get a ton of gifts and our tree was a 4 ft artificial fiber optic tree. Our little one is 4 years old and this was her first Christmas where she really started to understand the concept of Jesus’ birth being the “reason for the season” and Santa. I spent all month getting her excited about the holiday. We attended our church’s Christmas Candlelight Service. We made homemade cookies for Santa and on Pinterest I found a link on how to make “Elf Donuts” (http://loveyoumeanitblog.wordpress.com/2011/12/13/elf-donuts/) so we did that for Christmas Eve as well. She walked away from Christmas with some clothes and only 4 toys and an understanding of the true meaning of the holiday.
So I would like to proclaim the 2011 holiday a success for me and my family! This blog is born out of that feeling of success. I have thoughts, ideas, and experiences that I think others could benefit from. Here I will share some of my daily experiences and the lessons I learn from them as well as some of my passions and ideas. Please join me on this journey called life, life overflowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment